Sunday, July 06, 2008

Home

I was reading the news earlier yesterday when I glanced upon the news headlines "Singaporean Tanya Chua scoops top honours at Taiwan's Golden Melody Awards". Wow, Tanya Chua... How long has it been since I first listened to her songs. Of course, for my dear wife's info, Malaysian's singer Gary Cao (though I don't know who he is) also managed the award too =)

Tanya Chua... How nostalgic. For some reason, I got bored of studying in the afternoon and was looking through my Windows media playlist and saw Shu Yu/Where I Belong by her. Wth... I actually still have the SingSingapore songs in my com. Ended up you-tubing NDP songs and found Home/家. What a sweet song... 10 years ago, I remember having to go down to school early in the morning at 06 45 for a month to play that song through the school's PA system (coz I was in the AV club). Man! Stupid, but yeah... It just made me miss home a little more since I'm not going back this summer.

And since National Day is just next month, I thought I shall just post the songs here in both Eng and Chinese for each verson. If you want the Malay/Indian (I didn't even know they existed till today), go to http://www.ndp.org.sg/

Patriotic it may seem, and stupid propaganda you might say, but who cares... I love them. So enjoy Home/家 =)

Home (2004)


Click here for the Chinese version

家 (1998)



Click here for the English version

=)

2 comments:

h.3.l.3.n said...

haha.. u r blogging more during exam period..

Porky said...

... of coz lar, have to find sth to entertain myself, and u wat. wait u divorce me how. no free food already :p