Thursday, July 03, 2008

The First Paper

"Mediastinal mass with antibodies to ACh..."

I so covered it in the EMQ practice book but I just couldn't remember it. I even remembered going to Wikipedia to research it.

So was it:

a) Small cell carcinoma (Lambert-Eaton Syndrome)
b) Thymoma (Myasthenia Gravis)

I thought it was myasthenia gravis... but I just couldn't link it with thymoma. And becoz only small cell carcinoma was in the syllabus, I put (a), when I knew that the answer to the next question was also (a). Answer turned out to be (b) as I found out after the paper...

Stupid thymoma... Sounds so vulgar... Like diu lei lo ma. I swear I'll remember that from now on... Humph!

2 comments:

~d!N@~ said...

what's diu lei lo ma?

Porky said...

helen: wah, looks like my wife is finally getting it huh. so, if i don't get 99%, are u going to buy me lunch/dinner?

dina: diu lei lo ma --> "diu lei lo mo" --> screw ur mother's ehem =) i shall stop there!