Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Okay I'm Back

All right, finally i'm back from a really long 'break'. Haha! Okay, not going to do a lot of changes to the blog layout until i've got more time.

Okays, some update... Into med school now which can be pretty stressful at times. Lots of self-learning that i'm not really used to, but slowly getting the hang of it. Oh I joined the BL Triathlon Team. Haha, i think i'm crazy. And i think i was the one responsible for tripping half of my flat's power sockets this morning. Sorry guys. Hee~

Anyways, not going to talk about studies and stuff now. Want to make this blog more interesting than maybel's and the bitch's! Had my 2nd triathlon training today. We went for a short warm-up run from St Barthlomew's Hospital to the river Thames bank, somewhere near London Bridge i think. There, we were supposed to split to 2 groups. The first one was a shorter run, while the 2nd was longer - to Westminter (Big Ben, London Eye site). I kinda told them i didn't really do swimming but running last week, coz i was late last week, missed out on the run and almost died during the swims lar. Haha. So there the captain goes asking who wants to go for the longer run. And surprisingly, no one raised up their hands. I was kinda stunned. Lol. So remembering what i said last week and thinking that the place could only be this far (gotta run along the bank past a few bridges before turning back), I raised up lor. And then the cap looked at me and said, "You're a brave man" and the rest just started laughing lar. I was like wth lar, is it going to be really that tough? Now what shit did i get myself into this time. Then there was this other japanese girl who was kinda like the vice-cap and she was supposed to lead the other group, but she joined us in the end.

So there the 3 of us went, running across those beautiful sights (now get jealous and get your asses here to come and visit me guys, haha) and stuff. The pace was kinda like a standard army 2.4 km run. And we went on and on... Before we reached Westminster bridge (the place to turn back), i was like panting quite badly already lar. And i could feel those stitches in my heart thingy coz of the heart problem. I was like shit, now how am i going to survive till the end. I don't know how, we crossed the turning point bridge, ran back, my heart was getting better and finally, my legs tired and eventually we reached St Paul's Cathedral and then back to the college Halls. Phew, i was like really shagged. This was the longest distance i've ran. But thank goodness, the cap was impressed by my suicidal efforts lar. It really feels good to be appreciated, so at least the effort paid off.

But shit, there were swims after that. It was split into 3 sections u could choose and i chose novice of course. Haha. Pools here are 25m long. So for novice, we were supposed to swim 8 laps for warm-up, 3 X 2laps 100% sprints with breaks and 3 X 8 laps 75% max with breaks and then 8 laps cool-down. I was swimming half breast - half free coz my breast (okay shit, phrased this wrongly) was better but my freestyle sucked after not being in the water for 7 years, and i needed to train it up. Somewhere after the sprints and into the 75% thingy, i had a cramp in my left leg, wth lar! (Now don't laugh Crystal...) Can't believe this problem is haunting me again. So then i went to stretch, showered with some warm water and went back in. And after a few more laps, i tried to push myself harder, and then my right leg. Argh!!! So screwed up my swimming session man. But i wasn't the only one lar, the vice-cap came out after me with a cramp as well, and so did the cap so i felt better with ppl in the same boat as well. Haha! Shit, i sound awfully evil, haha! And then we went to a pub to rehydrate ourselves... Got a treat from the cap, which of coz i'll pay him back next week and Blah blah! Shit, three paragraphs of tris training does not sound entertaining, which is what it is supposed to be lar.

For all that good stuff, actually, i kinda feel really bad and sad lar. My mom and aunt went back today. They came to my place just now to bring me four seasons duck rice (kinda like the best duck rice in london). We had lunch with my housemate and then i rushed down to the singapore society meeting right after, only saying goodbye to them. Didn't even give a hug to my mom knowing that i won't go see them off at the airport coz i had tris training in the evening. And i'm not going to see her for the next 9 months lar. And i feel really sad, don't know what kind of a son i am. I don't know if it's coz my housemate was there or wat or becoz i felt strong enough. But why is it i can say i love crys and not to my mom? Is it coz i don't love crys enough? Haha, all rite, chill it buddy, don't get too uptight. You know i love you =) I really feel like crying inside, but i won't coz i've gotta be strong and come back to give free treatment to u ppl in vtc as well as my friends lar. Haha. But whatever it is, i hope i'll somehow learn to tell ppl i love them.

Gotta bathe now

3 comments:

M.O. said...

well done porky. Writing will improve your handwriting ... cant stand doctor's writing : )

Maybeline Woo said...

oh finally a post? haha. well done, u dodo pig! "P

matthew said...

hey man! this is matthew. haha stumbled here somehow..

i thought the post by dating african people was quite hilarious. hahaha..