Monday, June 11, 2007

Toilet Seat Lifter

Now now now... Does anyone remember the special urinal and toilet seat lifting post that we were discussing about? It's here just to recap your memories.

Guess what, there is such a thing available on the market!

Link: Toilet Seat Lifter on Amazon

Lol, even I can believe it. If only Junie and I had patented our products, we could be earning US$30 per bucket. (Who knows they may have stolen the idea from our site :p)

Was talking to a friend now... She was talking about the competition to get a job for our future medical careers. Like how results and stuff like that mattered now that the UK's medical recruitment programme is based on school rankings. True enough, results matter to get a better job indeed. But should that really be the driving aim for us? I don't know... Ended up arguing with her, and my phone died on me. I never meant for it to be an argument lor. Why is it difficult for you to respect my idea and me to respect yours? Is it really that hard? We can't always be thinking we're right, can we? Then again, I might have thought that I was right too. Maybe that's why.

Man, it's really sad... I have to admit that sometimes when these sort of competition comes up, it brings out the worst in us (and that includes me I have to say). We start to become competitive and stuff, and it becomes really bad when someone would harm another just to get his/her own way. If only one could bury the attitude, things would be so much more pleasant. Right now, I must admit that I'm studying for my exams to try and do well. Why? Coz good results matter. But at the same time, I'm trying to learn whatever I can to at least feel that bit of adequateness in treating in treating patients in the future. If only one could bury that attitude in being competitive, it would be so much fun to learn from each other, to share and discuss new knowledge for the benefit of everyone. Isn't that how studying is supposed to be?

In a way, it's like a relationship you know... Sometimes you try so hard to make things happen, things just don't work out. But when you least expect, and things come coz you're doing it naturally, isn't it pleasant and nice? Maybe it's still wishful thinking, but let's bury it man. Ah-nie, sorry I didn't agree with what you were saying there. Perhaps it's my naiveity that one can feel good learning and not feel the competitiveness when it comes to applying for a job. Perhaps you're right, I'll be like that in the future, but I'll keep that in mind and try not to let it get too much into me. I understand what you mean, it's not that I don't, or else I won't admit that I may be like that. You know, I just hope we can all be happy.

No comments: