Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Bread Shop (Part 1)

Yawnz (I'm not tired!!!)...

I've been up for 2 hours now and done jack! Still on the first page of my notes. Bah! And my final's in 3 weeks time. Oh well~ Haha.

Why is everyone asking me to blog? Lol, I don't think it's coz I'm popular... No. Don't force me. I'll get writer's block (or is it more of my pure laziness). Finally I can understand why Inoue Takehiko doesn't want to come up with Slam Dunk 2. Anyway, it's finally time to get out of the lazy habit, and do something productive. Like today, I finally washed my muddy shoes from 1 month's ago paintballing. Eewww... Gross! Haha.

I haven't been contacting ppl much. Don't know why... Just feel quite all right to be like this. As long as one's happy I guess. But I still love you guys, so yeah, don't think I've forgotten you all. Jiahui, I'm not sure if I can still come down to Australia. Air ticket company has yet to contact me, and I'll be a little busy and tight. I'll let you know the result whatever it is.



Jeff and me were discussing about this bread shop near our place. I've been walking past it at night, and noticed the countless amounts of bread thrown away. It's really such a waste, when these could have gone to the poor around the Whitechapel (speaking of which... Whitechapel is the area I live in now. There's no white chapel around here... Only a mosque in the vicinity. It's aka Arab street to us) area, or to poor students like us :D

In the end, we decided: why not go ask the shop owner for some? After all, we've patronised her shop quite a few times, and she knows us well enough to put my purchases on the tab when I didn't bring enough money. What a nice lady! But it will be a real dilemma for her really coz if she gives us bread, we won't go to her to buy our own. Yet it's really such a waste to see all of it in the bin. I swear they smell so good I've even thought of picking up the ones which have not touched the sides of the bin while the bakers were not looking. Haha.

So we finally decided to use some psycho tricks taught to us by our other housemates - Make the person feel good b4 getting a request. Just gotta include it in our OSCEs practice revision now. And this is the result of our role-playing:


Role-playing practice

Pei Kee (with Jeff): Hello, it's us again... How's it going? (Does this sound familiar?)

Shop owner: Hello boys. We're fine. What can I get for you?

Pei Kee: Let's see... We'll have the double chocolate and blueberry muffin, the chocolate-chip cookies, one loaf of wholemeal bread, and the cheesecake (I swear it's in no way cheesecake, it's coconut-flake cake the last time I bought it. They just call it cheesecake coz it looks like one).

(Trick: You've gotta pretend to buy loads and make her feel good remember?)

Shop owner: That's quite a handful you've got there. Erm, total's 5.40 pounds please.

Pei Kee (Goes for the kill): Yeah, what to do... We're hungry boys after all. Btw, we've been passing by your bread shop at night, and we noticed all those bread going into the bin. Doesn't anyone want them? It's such a waste really, coz your bread tastes so good.

Shop owner (flattered): Really? Aww, that's so sweet of you.

Pei Kee (The final stroke... Bankai!): Well, if nobody wants them, we'll have some of it. After all, it's a real pity such good bread goes to waste.

Shop owner: Aww, that's so thoughtful of you boys. All right, tell you what... Come at 9pm at night whenever you boys want some bread. I'll get the bakers to keep some for you. How's that sound?

Pei Kee (Looks at Jeff): Perfect. Mmm... Yum yum! I can't wait to try your other varieties. Haha.

Shop owner (proud by now): You'll be impressed, my love. I shall go speak to them lot now. Take care now~

Pei Kee: Okay, thanks a lot. Bye!



Now I'm sure anyone would be flattered by those little tricks of ours. And to prove it, we'll be going by the shop sometime soon to try it. Just you lot wait for Part II.

I was reading your blog and saw this post of yours. I see your tears girl, and I'm sorry I've neglected them. This nostalgic song's for you (It accompanied me through my loneliest times and I hope it'll make you strong just as it has done for me).

**Back to work...

No comments: