Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Da Sotong

I can't believe it... Spent 45 mintues last night day-dreaming about army and some other stuff :( Argh~!

Was thinking about some stuff again today while studying and argh, couldn't go back to my books after that. So I collapsed on the table and whined to Shin Yee. I felt her patting my head, and then tickling me. But then after that, she started giggling an
d the tickle felt strange. I turned around... Damn it THURSTON!!! I'm so going to kill you the next time I see you.

Then just as I was about to carry on with my work, Shin Yee asked

"What are you studying?"

"Cardio..."

"It's not coming out right coz it's part of the..."

"Argh! Seen PBLs... Damn, I must be day-dreaming man!"

Can't believe that I spent the afternoon looking at PBLs that aren't going to come out. Only
consolation that I have is that I renew my knowledge and that it is kinda relevant to some of the questions coming up :( But oh well. Feel like a sotong now. Sulks~ (And now Shin Yee comes to tell me to do my work and not blog... Urgh!)

Talking about sotong, I was at Ryan's place the other day when Jeff and me saw this article.


Now, this is a species of squid known as the Colossal Squid. I know, many of you are thinking Giant Squid but no, it's not that. Colossal squids are a species of squids that living in the Antarctic waters. This specimen caught measured 10m long and is the largest caught so far. But because of the extreme habitats in which these animals live in, chances are that there are larger ones roaming around in the oceans. At an estimated length of 12-14m, they are the largest of the invertebrates (without spine) in the animal kingdom. While the gender of this squid caught is unknown, due to the great sexual dimorphism (variation) in squids, if this was a male, who knows how long a female is man.

Imagine the number of (huge) calamari rings that you could make from it, lol! And indeed, it's been estimated that each calamari ring made from it will be the size of a tractor wheel (1). Yum yum! Haha. Jeff, you can start having all the squid balls that you want now :p

Okay, back to work...

References:

  1. http://zapatopi.net/cephnews/colossalsquidcaught.html
Hey Ah-nie... I see you're enjoying yourself over in the States. Hope you're not feeling too lonely over there. Sorry I didn't get to say a proper goodbye and apology before you left. Enjoy yourself girl~

To the sibling of strawberry: It really hurts to see you like that. Yet I don't know how to help you especially when you can't bring yourself to say a thing. Can imagine how distressing it must be when your exams are in 2 weeks time, coz mine's in 1! Hang in there tiger, will be back soon already.

No comments: