Saturday, June 03, 2006

Sky-dive

Thursday's story starts a week ago. Matthew and I qualified to go for skydiving after RAG. It so happened that Matt chose 1st June coz Sarah called him first to confirm the dates. And when Matt told me the date, I was so shocked I could hardly say a thing. Had promised to go out with Yiling today since late April I think. But yeah, I thought that perhaps skydiving would only take till late afternoon max so I decided to go for 1st June as well.

So Sarah called and I told her I'll go for 1st June as well. But when she told me the location, my jaw dropped again. It was at Peterborough, which is 2.5 - 3 hours away from London. But she told us that we'll leave in the morning at 0830 and it'll just "take the whole day" so I was quite relieved. As long as I could go out with Yiling for dinner, it's fine.

Called Yiling and told her, and of course got yelled at a little coz she had to go shopping in the afternoon all alone. Lol! But that girl didn't tell me that she had called up her aunt, and said she was going there for dinner with me! I was like... "So you want me to pretend to be your bf for a day now?" Haha... I haven't had this kind of honour for such a long time. And then she told me that her aunt had probably assumed I was going to be girl, coz she just said that she's bringing a friend along. Wth~! What will your aunt think man? I could just imagine her aunt's expression later on.

So anyway, woke up at 7+ to go to the Tube to meet everyone else at 08 30. Well, the skydiving centre called up and told us that the weather wasn't good in the morning, and we had to wait till 9 for further news. And after waiting in the cold weather, all we got was that we had to wait till 10 30 again. My hopes really sky-dived then! I began calculating the time, and realised that I'd only be able to reach back at 6+ at the earliest. There was no point in me going then coz I had already promised Yiling. So I told Matt I wasn't going, and he went "Huh? Now I've gotta go by myself." And why? Coz I didn't tell him that I actually didn't want to go on 1st June. But thank goodness, that boy was still sane, and decided to go. Haha! I wouldn't want my friend to miss out on sky-dive just because of me. Sometimes, it's better to say whatever you don't feel comfortable with to your friend.

So I became a good boy and went for lessons, and met Yiling at 13 30. I'm telling you... That girl is never early, in fact, you can't really trust girls. They go like "Hey wait wait... Let me put on my earrings..." then "Hold on, I forgot the make-up"... Urgh! And why they say? "It's a free show for you guys. You all better appreciate it." I'm telling you... I can't stand all this make-up thing. Don't understand what's so pretty about it. It's all fake! Prefer someone to look natural. I mean what can I say, I preferred how my mom looked when she was wearing pyjamus rather than office clothes.

Okay, then we went to the VS (not Victoria School... Vidal Sasoon) education centre for her to have her hair-cut. God, we spent 3 hours there. Thank goodness, I brought some lecture notes to study, or else I'd have killed you Ling. Haha, and this korean translator kept talking to me... Urgh~ I wanted to study. And then I called Matt to ask about his sky-diving. And they didn't go. Weather wasn't good. For once, the weather I had checked on BBC was wrong. Haha. But will probably miss the post-poned sky-diving coz it'll probably be after exams when I'm back in Singapore.

So we went to Yiling's place for dinner. She went "Hello Aunt Peggy, this is my friend Pei Kee..." Her aunt turned around and said hi, turned her head back to her chopping board, and then turned around again. Haha, I couldn't stop laughing thinking she must have thought "Am I seeing a guy?" And then when she asked for my name again, Yiling said "Pei Kee..." and she pointed to herself with a big question mark on her face. She was just so funny! And having an ang-moh husband allowed her to be the 'head' of the family. She was just shouting around, and saying "See... I've got to take care of these 3 kids (when she only had 2)". Lol, thank goodness her husband is very friendly and patient. In chinese families, I can just imagine the husband abusing his wife for saying that, like what Yiling said. But dinner was good and healthy... Roast chicken, bah kut teh, blah blah... And she even recommended anti-hypertensives for me. Lol, she reminds me of my dad.

But yeah, I really enjoyed myself. We caught a wrong train on the way back, but thank goodness we realised soon enough so it only cost us an additional 10 minutes. Felt sad when Yiling left with Fontaine. Really haven't seen her in a long time, and she had to go off so quickly. Will miss you girl. And I've got to admit something here. You're right Crystal Goh. I'm a big flirt. I can't protest anything against that. I'm speechless.

And so it is... Someone said that it's too late to apologise. Yeah, I think so too. I had actually typed sth for Miss Goh 2 days ago, but I guess I'll not put it in here. No point as well. I mean... There's no point in me saying anything now other than making amendments in the future. Besides, Mr/Miss No Name will probably tag the same thing in here anyway. Yar, but it was really foolish of me to doubt you... The last person I should be doubting. Stupid old me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»