Monday, June 05, 2006

Antihypertensives

Okay, finally got to see the GP today. She said that there was stress on the heart on the ECG, while blood tests were normal. Sounds idiopathic (unknown cause) to me. Just for some of you to know... Idiopathic hypertension is also known as primary hypertension or essential hypertension. Why? Coz people thought that this sort of hypertension was necessary and thus termed it essential when it actually isn't. Hello! I actually do not need hypertension here. Have been changing my diet. Chips's got no salt now, have to use less oyster sauce, and drinking yoghurt drinks to lower down my blood pressure. Urgh!

Anyway, on ACE inhibitors (a class of drug) now. Let's hope that I still ACE the papers when I still have to go to the doctors 2 more times to follow-up: one next week, and one during exam week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»