Thursday, March 16, 2006

Burdens on your Shoulder

I browsed through Crystal's blog today, and saw all the lovely pictures that she took. Not one with me in it! Bleah, that bitch is so gonna die when I go back. Anyway, I realised that most of the pictures that I like to take nowadays are scenery ones. In fact, after her, I haven't been taking much photos. Have I become more solemn nowadays? Okay, maybe I'm good when it comes to cracking dirty jokes, but that aside, my life seems to have become really serious.

Mom tells Yew Song that I'm having high blood pressure coz I put loads of unnecessary stress on myself. Perhaps that is true. I tend to want to carry the burden of everyone on my shoulders. But is that possible? How long can one carry it around like that? I know I'm not a superhuman. Yet I want to be. Perhaps forced to be. I don't like to depend on others. That's always been an idea instilled into my head, be it from my mom or personal experiences. The feeling of having to bear an insult (after borrowing), be it a joke or not, cannot be taken back. Why? Because u did depend on that someone, and no words can adequately justify your case anymore. MO, if you want to know, this is why I can't take your offer and go back. I must say I may not seem to care about my own pride from the way I put myself down when saying dirty jokes. Yet to tell the truth, I really do care about my pride. If we've got no pride, how do we win? Okay, I not sound damn kiasu. Shit!



One more thing that I really wish to say. It's really tiring to carry so much weight on your back. That's why Diana, I told you that it's impossible to make everyone happy. You'll probably end up suffering and sulk more! Besides, making one person happy may mean making another's misery. So, be prepared to save the world only if you're prepared to sacrifice yourself and make sure you think about the consequences as well.

All right, phew, back to Medsoc which I didn't quite understand today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to tell you, you can't make everyone happy by doing everyone a favour (or should I say being too kind to everyone!)...if not people take your kindness for granted; they will simply step on your head. That's why I sometimes feel guilty when you offer your help.Man,you're too kind!

Porky said...

Hmm, perhaps I'm prepared to suffer. Ah, anyway, who's this?

Anonymous said...

yeah... it's tiring to carry that much weight, but my heart can't just let go... I'm sure you somehow feel that way too...

see lar, you're telling me that I can't carry everything, and yet here you are attempting to do so... I'm really grateful that you told me that :) so it's my turn to say that you can't carry everything by yourselves, and people around you are more than willing to share it :)

hmm... but now, one thing that I've learnt after meeting you is that we all can help carry each other's weight, and the burden will just dissapear if we have someone elses walking along... by just that smile, (or the dirty jokes, in your case :) ) or just a presence of someone else in our lives, we will find strength to go on! ( and be a superman hehe... you're kinda one :p )

I also don't like to depend on others, but I realise that we should once in a while depend on somepeople special, as those people are the people who would feel really happy to be able to be depended on by us. I realise caring is really to be able to be depended on, and at the same time being able to show that we're grateful for the person's presence in our lives :)

Don't be so solemn lah, I know the darkness in my heart quite well, and I wouldn't want to introduce it to you ;) Realise that you still have the bright future in front of you (and loads of girls to choose from haha...)! Can take life seriously, but at the same time just relax and follow the flow sometimes :)

ok... I'm done ranting... all I want to say is... be happy :) haha who knows your high blood pressure will go down :p

-nana-

ps: and don't say you're prepared to suffer! wah lau...
I know that feeling, and well... we're not meant to suffer...

Anonymous said...

oh and sorry for always refusing your stupendously kind offers... I really dunno how to give back, that's why... I'll learn k~

-nana- again